Wednesday, February 24, 2016

SCOPE Stories Week 18: Sine's a Nice Function

Today was the end of a three-week sprint after having no SCOPE last week due to an Olin Monday  on Wednesday. This is also my last SCOPE day before spring break; I'm missing the next two for grad school visits. We spent today doing a lot of technical work -- finishing up development of a model, cleaning up numerics in the implementation of an old model, testing, and working on the user interface.

My accomplishment for today: simplifying some work I'd done earlier this week by talking to one of my teammates and our advisor, finding a mistake, and figuring out that a particular sine series has a very convenient sum. (I'm still trying to think about why, but hey, evenly spaced things are nice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment